(Chapel Hill, N.C.— June 11, 2018) – Today the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill announced the new appointment of select alumni and friends to serve one of the most active volunteer organizations at Carolina: the UNC Board of Visitors. The Board of Trustees elects a new class of members each year as fourth-year members complete their terms. The 54 new board members, appointed on May 31, will begin their terms on July 1, 2018.
As ambassadors of Carolina, approximately 175 Board of Visitors members inform their communities about on-going work and issues important to the University. In turn, the members share feedback from those communities with the University’s administration. These volunteers actively assist the Board of Trustees and Chancellor Carol L. Folt in student recruitment, government relations, marketing and fundraising. Members also volunteer their time and professional experience as a resource to students who seek guidance ahead of entering the workforce.
Sallie Glover of Raleigh will serve as chair of the Board of Visitors and Reyna Walters-Morgan of Raleigh will serve as vice chair.
The new members are listed below, alphabetically by North Carolina county and by locations outside of North Carolina.
- Cabarrus: Paul Newton of Mount Pleasant
- Carteret: Maxine Brown-Davis of Cedar Point
- Davidson: Charles Broadwell of Denton
- Durham: Paul Wright of Durham
- Forsyth: Susan Mann of Winston-Salem
- Guilford: Fleming Edwards of Greensboro
- Lee: Robert Reives of Sanford
- Mecklenburg: Omid Ahdieh, Kevin Griffin, Christian Robinson, Burnet Tucker, Dan Warren, Agnes Weisiger and Don Williams of Charlotte
- New Hanover: Lindsey Walter of Wilmington
- Onslow: Michael Surles of Jacksonville
- Orange: Olive Greenwald of Efland; Jennifer McCafferty, Houston Summers, Roger Werner and Paige Zinn of Chapel Hill
- Pitt: Robert Kemp, Suzanne Pecheles and Henry Louis Stephenson III of Greenville
- Stokes: Kyle Hall of King
- Wake: Priscilla Maynor of Holly Springs; Jim Blaine, Martin Boney, David Bull, Bart Goodson, Joshua Kmiec, Merrill Mason, Timothy McNeill and Samuel Sugg of Raleigh
- Wayne: Garrett Strickland of Mount Olive
- Bill Murdock of Kodiak
- Kimberley Kwok of San Francisco; Kristen McGuiness of Newport Beach
District of Columbia
- Chris Riddick
- Whitney Cohen of St. Petersburg
- Ruth Fowler of Dunwoody; Kevin Salvadori of Alpharetta; and Tony Kearney and Robert Turner of Atlanta
- Ward McNally of Chicago
- Frank Andrews of Las Vegas
- Michael Bradshaw of Pennington
- Alec Guettel of Mount Kisco; Philip Yates of West Harrison; Kathryn Randolph and George Webster of New York
- Robert Temple of Greenville
- Latta Chapman of Alexandria; Daryl Davis of Stafford